Mini Bucket Lists
Get out of your rut and enjoy life more.
Bucket List: a list of things you want to do or experience in your lifetime. In essence to fill your bucket before you die.
Mini Bucket List: a list of things you want to do but never make the time for. Great for getting out of your rut, or helping you reduce your stress by getting out and having fun. Enjoy life more.
Here’s the thing though, when your living a hectic stressed out life, these buckets get filled with dreams instead of experiences. Things get put off till next year and then the next... I propose you make a mini bucket list with a schedule. This can be a series of feasible lists that you work on one at a time. You can do it bi-annually or monthly, the point is make it doable and then do it.
You can add anything to your mini bucket list, it doesn’t have to be a big event or expensive. How about something simple like trying a new food.
How to make a mini bucket list
- Decide your timeframe (week, month, 3 months etc...)
- Brainstorm in sections:
- Things you can do at home
- Outdoor Adventure
- Entertainment, shows, museums
- DIY Crafts you’ve always wanted to do
- Travel, doesn’t have to be far
- New food or restaurant
- Learn something new, maybe classes or online
- Do a little research to help you plan how, when, or where to fulfill your list.
- This list might be long, so pick a few things for your timeframe and tuck the rest away for next month. Set a reminder on your calendar for your next list.
- Now that you have your mini list, schedule it in your calendar. Get the balls rolling by making reservations, buying tickets, print out plans, enroll etc... so your ready.
Ideas for your mini bucket list
- See an IMAX movie
- Try an ethnic food (find the “best” or “most recommended” local restaurant and dish)
- Go see a live show
- Make a holiday wreath
- See a waterfall
- Go kayaking
- Take a few friends to an escape room
- Go try a yoga or cycling class
- Join a book club (online or local)
- Picnic at a park
- Go to a natural history museum
- Go to a professional sporting event
- Go dancing
- Learn to play piano
- Create an indoor herb garden
- Visit a botanical garden
- Learn Tai Chi
- Check out a festival
- Take a short trip via train
- Go wine tasting
- See an airshow
- Start a piggy bank for a big trip
- Take pictures, create a collage
- Go see a dueling piano show (seriously this is fun)
So now that you’ve started your mini bucket list be sure to work your plans into your schedule. Having fun is important to your overall health and psyche. I've attached a helpful worksheet below. Enjoy! ❤️